Player: Strangehaven
Date of Birth: July 12, 1981
Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'10"
Plotter: LINK
Characters:

49 Posts
2 Threads

Joshua is new in town, but if you are a fan of Fortean phenomena, conspiracies, cryptozooology, or strangeness in general than you may already know him as a popular YouTuber and Vlogger who's 'Web of Weirdness' channel and website features weekly content on all things odd. Joshua is but one of the content creators, though he manages a series of other contributors and between them they cover almost anything and everything that is weird, supernatural, or otherworldly.

Connections

Ongoing Plots

Looking for

I'm a big fan of mysteries and I'm looking forward to working with others in character to unravel convoluted plots and goings on. i'm also a big fan of drama, so I like to have lots of interpersonal connections and love it when they come into conflict or cause complications. I also enjoy the concept of flawed characters and think that its much more fun to play a multifaceted human with strengths and  weaknesses.

My Threads

A Day In The Life
Shiny!

Player: Featherstone
Date of Birth: 11th June 1989
Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'5
Characters:

66 Posts
4 Threads

ErIka has a blog on urban legends, among other things - although with a different approach from yours. What if the two knew each other? Also, she wrote a few things about Shubnam, so he'd have a reason to contact her.
Someone please finish what I started
I tried my best, but my best was half-hearted. - Will Butler
Scientist

Date of Birth: May 7th 1982
Height: 5'8
Plotter: Link
Characters:

40 Posts
4 Threads

And you know I'm itching to play the rational vs theme, right? Does he ever look for the opinion of actual experts, even to challenge them? Because I could come up with some idea pertaining cryptids.
Vlogger at webofweirdness.com

Image Credits: Lesly B. Juarez

Characters:

49 Posts
2 Threads

Yes, lets say that Erika and Joshua know each other, it makes complete sense.

And yes, Joshua may speak with 'experts', but it is better in this case if he and Janet are thrust together with a common goal ( to solve a mystery). He's never really investigated anything 'real' - while he's a believer, he's never really encountered proof of anything. When/if he does, he'll go running to an expert for a scientific evaluation. I like the idea of Joshua running into Janet as part of his investigation...then later visiting her to get her advice on something medical/scientific.
Shiny!

Date of Birth: 11th June 1989
Height: 5'5
Characters:

66 Posts
4 Threads

(09-08-2017, 10:06 AM)Joshua Flynn Wrote: Yes, lets say that Erika and Joshua know each other, it makes complete sense.

And yes, Joshua may speak with 'experts', but it is better in this case if he and Janet are thrust together with a common goal ( to solve a mystery). He's never really investigated anything 'real' - while he's a believer, he's never really encountered proof of anything. When/if he does, he'll go running to an expert for a scientific evaluation. I like the idea of Joshua running into Janet as part of his investigation...then later visiting her to get her advice on something medical/scientific.

Fine! What if you'd contacted Erika soon after your arrival (or even before that), to have a chat about Shubnam, since you know she wrote something about it?

The way I see it, it's not the first time you meet, although you're mostly in contact via social media. You have a few interests in common, although you know she's less passionate about the occult, and more into "whatever could be an interesting story". She's quite open-minded, anyway.

And yes, the story could very well go in a direction where Janet will be involved later. Works for me!

Since in the other thread you were asking about etiquette: here we can discuss how to set a scene, who starts it, etc. We could just meet at the local pub, having exchanged all the required messages earlier. I'd like to start that, since I've an interest in describing the place. Smile

Also, time-wise it'd be at the very beginning of September. You both know about the murder, although we should keep vague on its developments.

Characters:

49 Posts
2 Threads

That all sounds good to me. Start the scene and I'll join in later tonight.
Field Biologist

Image Credits:

Player: Willowleafs
Date of Birth: 17-02-1979
Height: 6'4" (1.93 m)
Characters:

37 Posts
3 Threads

Well, what are the odds of ending up in the same city as a (in)famous vlogger on the weird. I'm pretty sure that Matthew might have submitted some of his go-pro squatching footage to Joshua for use on the website and/or channel. If only because there's not a whole lot of other, more regular, ways to "get the truth out there"
Cryptozoology sound nicer than crackpot. But it lacks the scientific method. I hope to bring 'm together. Some day.

Matthew speaks in sienna.

Characters:

49 Posts
2 Threads

Cool, that works. And the Web of Weirdness is a collection of many different content creators all curated and branded together. So if Matthew does his own regular Bigfoot vlog it could be a regular feature on the channel. Or if you just want to have submitted footage that works too.
Field Biologist

Image Credits:

Player: Willowleafs
Date of Birth: 17-02-1979
Height: 6'4" (1.93 m)
Characters:

37 Posts
3 Threads

Well, I guess I assumed a bit too much, and simultaneously not enough. Wink

But yeah, if that's the set-up of it all, I'm pretty sure Matthew would have a semi-regular vlog of sorts. Mostly during the summer, up until now, due to obvious constraints like university recess and the likes. Also, the weather Wink

Either way, I'm pretty confident Matthew might have had at the very least some electronic contact with Joshua over the course of Matt's vlogging. Smile
Cryptozoology sound nicer than crackpot. But it lacks the scientific method. I hope to bring 'm together. Some day.

Matthew speaks in sienna.