Player:
Date of Birth:
Pronouns:
Height:
Plotter:
Characters:

70 Posts
70 Threads

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week they discuss the goalie fight fascination, the end of the line for Anthony Calvillo, Canadas flag-bearer and the rodeo that has become the Edmonton Oilers. Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is up to the Edmonton Oilers, because you cant be too careful these days. No sir, you have to watch out, especially when you are in year eight of a rebuild that has produced: three No. 1 overall picks, three other top-10 picks, five head coaches, no playoff appearances, public money for a new arena, an estimate that the franchise has nearly doubled in value, and one Kevin Lowe, who is currently the franchises president of hockey operations. So when a guy tows a sign that reads “Kevin Lowe must go” in multicoloured letters outside your office, youd better call the police, which you did, in case it turned violent. Because thats not a humiliating indication of a bunker mentality shared by a franchise whose treatment of its fans borders on a prank at this point. Right? Dave Naylor, TSN Radio: My thumb is up to Anthony Calvillo, who made it official this week by announcing his retirement after 20 CFL seasons. Calvillo leaves the game with his name on most of the CFLs meaningful passing records and is regarded as one of the Leagues all-time greats. But what stood out about him again this week was his humility and class. Maybe it came from his modest upbringing in East L.A. or perhaps his time struggling as a member of the Las Vegas Posse or the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. But Anthony Calvillos greatest asset as a player -- and what we should remember him most for - was the respect he had for the game, his family and his adoptive home of Montreal. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: Because the simple solution is generally the right one, my thumb is up to the Canadas flag bearer for Sochi, Hayley Wickenheiser. Wickenheiser might have lost the "C" on the ice, but she has not lost her commanding presence in the game, in the country or in the Olympic movement. She is the best player in the history of womens hockey, a three-time gold medalist and now a six-time Olympian, which includes one trip as a softball player. As for the flag-bearer curse … well, as a veteran observer of the SI cover jinx, I say “phooey”. What Wickenheiser carries Feb. 7 will have no impact what might occur in the gold-medal game Feb. 20. Dave Hodge, TSN: My thumb is down to those hockey fans and especially those hockey commentators who were annoyed when they didnt get to see a goalie fight between Peter Budaj and Marc-Andre Fleury. To them, the officials who prevented it did something wrong. Really? Whenever one goalie decides, for whatever reason, or for no reason, to leave his end of the ice, and the other goalie decides to meet him halfway to throw punches, those in charge of the game should stand back and watch? I mean, the NHL looks silly enough for the stuff it doesnt try hard enough to prevent, but the minute it appears to encourage Budaj vs. Fleury, its a midnight beer league. Zach Ertz Jersey . Tensions rose in the first period when Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik hit Bruins forward Loui Eriksson with what appeared to be a clean hit. DeAndre Carter Jersey . Not only that, when Julian de Guzman first stepped on the pitch for Deportivo de la Coruna he became the very first Canadian to play in Spains top tier. http://www.officialphiladelphiaeaglesfoo...sey-womens .com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown. Nigel Bradham Jersey . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early. Isaac Seumalo Jersey . The 33-year-old Spaniard, who held the lead since the second round, turned in a solid final round that featured six birdies and two bogeys to finish on 22-under 266. The victory is Garcias first this year with his last win coming at the Johor Open, an Asian Tour event in Malaysia last December.Former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner tweeted Tuesday that he was reinstated by the NFL following his suspension in December for violating the leagues policy on substance abuse. Browner announced the news via a lengthy statement on his Twitter page. Browner was suspended indefinitely without pay by the league on Dec. 18. The reinstatement will make Browner a free agent as his contract with the Seahawks ended after this season. Browners agent, Peter Schaffer, also confirmed the reinstatement to The Associated Press. "I now have the opportunity to prove to the fans and my teammates how important this sport is to me," Browner wrote. "I realize now more than ever that being part of the NFL is not a right, but a privilege." The suspension was the second in two seasons for Browner. He was suspended four games last season for violating the leagues policy on performance-enhancing substances. He was the second Seahawks playyer to be suspended for violating the substance abuse policy during the 2013 season, along with fellow cornerback Walter Thurmond.dddddddddddd. From the start, Browner did not agree with the length of the suspension. "I am grateful that Commissioner Goodell and my agent were able to resolve this issue in a positive, productive manner so I can continue my career, provide for my family, and help my team win a Super Bowl," Browner wrote. "Thank you to all who have gone out of their way to show their support. I will live up to your expectations of me." Browner was in his third season with the Seahawks when the suspension came down. He started all 26 games he played for the Seahawks and had 19 tackles, one interception and 10 passes defenced this season. He was a Pro Bowl selection in 2011 when he had 23 passes defenced and six interceptions, but had not been able to match those numbers in the subsequent two seasons. Cheap Bills Jerseys Authentic Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Store Cyber Monday Jets Jerseys Cyber Monday Texans Jerseys Black Friday Colts Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Titans Store Black Friday Broncos Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Authentic Chargers Jerseys Cheap Ravens Store Black Friday Steelers Jerseys Black Friday Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Store Cheap Eagles Store Black Friday Redskins Jerseys Falcons Jerseys Online Panthers Jerseys Online Authentic Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Authentic Cardinals Jerseys Black Friday 49ers Jerseys Black Friday Seahawks Jerseys Cyber Monday Rams Jerseys Black Friday Bears Jerseys Wholesale Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys Online Authentic Vikings Jerseys Cyber Monday Bengals Jerseys Cyber Monday Browns Jerseys ' ' '