Player: ((O))
Date of Birth: 2 Mar 1987
Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'10
Plotter:
Characters:

4 Posts
1 Threads

Hannah may or may not have a reputation with some of the long-term residents here, especially if they are friendly with her grandmother, Lydia Cullendahl.
Hannah and Clara were sisters who spent many of their childhood summers and holidays here, from toddler age up into their tweens. They were big beaming characters, hard to forget, and made a lot of fast friends in the local children in their grandmother's neighborhood, several of them becoming Sandbridge pen pals.

A few years passed with some absence by the girls - anyone who knew Lydia Cullendahl knew that her daughter, Hannah's mother, was very sick and passed away after a long hospitalization.  Pen pal letters may or may not have stopped coming to friends.  Communication drifted.

When Hannah was a teenager, she returned to Sandbridge alone, to live with her grandmother for a few years. She was an entirely different person, moody and closed off.  Any mention of her sister, any attempt at sympathy or pity, was usually greeted with a temper or a cold shoulder.  She had a few friends during this time, but every relationship was rocky, and cut off abruptly when highschool ended, summer ended, and she skipped town for college, never looking back.

...until a few months ago, when she wound up back in her old family house with her grandmother, picking up a job or two around town.  She's a quiet one, an angry energy of a sort simmering under the surface, even when she's sad or smiling. She's got a few new scars and a hardened stare that makes it a little intimidating to be under her gaze.  But other than those little quirks, she's a polite, friendly young woman, maybe a little tired or lonely on occasion. 

Connections

Anyone around Hannah's age who grew up in the town are welcome to be old friends or pen pals of the Karver family, either her or her sister Clara (who was 4 years older).  Hannah was a writer/storyteller/outdoorsy girl, and Clara was a photographer/conspiracy nut, loved a good mystery.

Anyone could have a connection to Lydia Cullendahl, the grandmother to Hannah and Clara Karver.  Lydia has lived in town most of her life, and has established a wildlife center on her land, a collection of barn and cottage near her homestead.  She takes in injured wildlife, predominantly raptors (hawks, owls, falcons) and rehabilitates them before release.  Most of her work is done through a network of about a half-dozen volunteers, usually students or Naturalists looking for the experience on their resumes (she can't afford to pay them).  Hannah gets roped into helping her grams on occasion, and she could meet or know your character through this connection.

Hannah is the new assistant to the President of the Historical Society, and so any connections to that world could connect you to her!

During her time away, Hannah tried to make a living as a journalist and private investigator, both of which were not lucrative enough to live on.  But during that time she did aid in a few newsworthy cases and write a few memorable articles.  She is nowhere near famous or important, but the name may ring a bell to someone who came across her work in their own research.
Two cases she had a footnote in the news for - helping to break up the Calvingham cult in Michingan, and helping to solve a missing persons case in Ohio.  She also wrote a few odd articles on her blog that stood out from the regular collection, a piece about her sister's theories on Sandbridge and how her perception altered her reality, led to her death.  Another about coping with loss, about mass psychogenic illness, and a state of dissociative fugue.  Both articles have since been removed.

Ongoing Plots

none yet!  soon to change, I'm sure

Looking for

She doesn't honestly know what she's looking for at this point.  Meaning?  She's certainly interested in how different Sandbridge looks with fresh eyes - a place so very far from her childhood remembrances

My Threads

none yet!
Administrator

Image Credits: WerbeFabrik

Player:
Date of Birth:
Pronouns: She/Her
Height:
Plotter:

153 Posts
30 Threads

Okay, as I mentioned by PM, your boss wants you to keep an eye on the investigations; most importantly, you must retrieve his notes as soon as the police allows it. Good luck!
Artist

Image Credits: Photo by Jens Lindner on Unsplash

Player: RaneyDay
Date of Birth: March 14, 1987
Pronouns: His/Him
Height: 5'8"
Plotter:
Characters:

27 Posts
4 Threads

Oh man. Given what's happening to Preston right now, and given she was/is a writer and he is an artist, what would you think about them having been childhood friends/pen pals? He might not realize she's back in town yet and they could run into each other.
Imaginary Friend

Image Credits:

Player:
Date of Birth:
Pronouns:
Height:
Plotter:
Characters:

3 Posts
1 Threads

I think that sounds pretty great.  They were both on the quieter, artistic side when they were younger, it would make sense that they would connect.  I'm imagining they sent each other letters in the fall and spring, saw each other in the summers and winter holidays as kids.  

How do you want to handle high school?  She was a mess during that period, just lost her sister and put up a LOT of walls.  Either Preston was shut out, or he was one of the few friends she confided in during that time.  Either way, she wound up leaving him behind in the end, once HS ended, running away from her problems into university.

I'm fine playing it however you'd like.  I like the idea that he doesn't necessarily realize she's back yet, and she didn't reach out because she burnt that bridge in the past, feels awkward and guilty and angry about it and just avoids things that make her feel that.
Artist

Image Credits: Photo by Jens Lindner on Unsplash

Player: RaneyDay
Date of Birth: March 14, 1987
Pronouns: His/Him
Height: 5'8"
Plotter:
Characters:

27 Posts
4 Threads

Ha! Their birthdays are super close too.

I think in high school he'd have tried to stick by her, but he wouldn't have pressed her. Sitting by her at lunch, quietly passing her any assignments she missed, if he noticed her not taking notes in a shared class he'd just hand her a copy of his. I think he knew she was grieving but was more about offering material support than verbal sympathy. If she didn't want to talk about it he wasn't going to make her. If that works!

Want to launch a thread where they run into each other?