Player:
Date of Birth:
Pronouns:
Height:
Plotter:
Characters:

85 Posts
85 Threads

PITTSBURGH, Pa. - As the game went on, Gerrit Coles fastball got faster, and the San Francisco Giants couldnt catch up. Cole won for the first time in nearly a month, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat San Francisco 4-3 Wednesday for their second straight win over the Giants. Cole (3-2) beat Tim Lincecum for the second time in his 11-month major league career, allowing three runs and seven hits in eight innings with seven strikeouts and a walk. The No. 1 pick in the 2011 amateur draft, Cole had a fastball clocked at 95-96 mph to begin the game and was 97-98 over his final two innings. "Really solid, solid effort for him," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Pushing through the eighth inning, the middle of the order, was very impressive. Hes capable of a lot of things out there. You saw the velocity stay at a much higher level today throughout the game, and actually his velocity played bigger later than it did earlier." Fill-in closer Mark Melancon worked a perfect ninth for his second save in three chances. Centerfielder Andrew McCutchen made a diving catch of Brandon Crawfords soft liner to left-centre for the second out. Pittsburgh has won four of six after a 1-7 slide, taking two of three in the series. San Francisco had won 10 of 11 before the Pirates replay-aided walkoff win Tuesday. Pittsburgh scored all its runs over the first two innings Wednesday. "Were starting to click on all cylinders now," said Pirates catcher Chris Stewart, who had two hits. "The pitching is starting to come around, and were starting to get those hits in those big situations that we werent before". Ike Davis had three hits for the Pirates. Brandon Belt hit his ninth home run and drove in all three runs for San Francisco. Cole had been 0-2 in four starts since winning his first two outings. He pitched eight innings for the second time this season, throwing 107 pitches, one shy of his season high. Cole, who went 1 for 3 to maintain a .333 batting average, won his major league debut at home last June 11 against Lincecum, a two-time NL Cy Young Award winner. Lincecum (2-2) allowed four runs, eight hits and two walks in four innings. Opponents are hitting .329 against him. "I wasnt finishing my pitches, especially my secondary pitches," he said. "When I got ahead in the count, the secondary pitchers were just rolling up there and had no bite on them. Im the type of guy whos going to have to get guys to chase pitches, but I cant do that when Im leaving balls up in the strike zone that are so hittable." McCutchen had a run-scoring single in the first and came around on Starling Martes double. Travis Snider made it 4-1 with a two-run single in the second. Belt homered on the first pitch he saw with two outs in the first, then hit a two-run double with two outs in the fifth. But Belt was thrown out at third on the play, ending the threat. "That was a mistake," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. NOTES: 3B Pablo Sandoval was not in the starting lineup after sustaining what Bochy termed a sprain of his hand or thumb during the final play of Tuesday nights game. He pinch hit for Lincecum in the fifth and singled. ... Neil Walker had a second-inning single has has reached safely in all 15 home games hes played against San Francisco ... The Giants headed to Los Angeles for a four-game series against the Dodgers that starts Thursday. San Franciscos starter in the opener, RHP Ryan Vogelsong, has allowed one earned run over 13 innings in his past two starts. ... The Pirates host St. Louis this weekend in a series that includes the first ESPN Sunday night game in PNC Parks 14-year history. Sam Huff Jersey . JOHNS, N. Washington Redskins Jerseys . -- Jerel Worthy and his Michigan State teammates charged across the field, holding four fingers in the air while celebrating another sweet victory over their biggest rival. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/You...ns-Jersey/ . Alexander was released last week by the Edmonton Eskimos, where he spent the past three seasons at safety. He had 121 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles and seven interceptions in 51 regular-season and three playoff games. John Riggins Jersey . The Marlies surrendered two power-play goals and failed to score on six man-advantage opportunities en route to a 4-1 defeat in American Hockey League action on Saturday. Russ Grimm Jersey .com) - New England Patriots starting center Bryan Stork will not play in Sundays AFC Championship against Indianapolis due to a knee injury the rookie sustained last week.PITTSBURGH -- There were smiles all around in the New York Mets clubhouse Saturday. After a 5-3 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Mets got good news on third baseman David Wrights sore left shoulder: There was no structural damage in the joint. Jonathon Niese extended his streak of solid starts with six gritty innings, rookie Eric Campbell had three hits while subbing for Wright as the Mets spoiled Gerrit Coles return from the disabled list. "I think its important with (Wright) out that a bunch of other people need to step up and today we had timely hitting and timely pitching and were able to get a W, which was nice," Campbell said. The Mets said Wright had a bruised left rotator cuff. He will be treated with anti-inflammatories before being reevaluated on Monday. For now, the Mets think Wright can avoid a trip to the DL. "They want to see if it feels better after a couple days rest," assistant general manager John Ricco said. "If hes still feeling the same, well reassess it at that time." Niese (5-4) gave up three runs and scattered seven hits. It was his 20th straight outing without allowing more than three runs, dating to last season. "I told (pitching coach Dan Warthen) when I came out that I was the worst pitcher in the world in the fourth and fifth innings, the dumbest pitcher in the world but was pretty in the other innings," Niese said. Niese was handed a 5-0 lead by the middle of the second inning, but he nearly squandered it by issuing consecutive bases-loaded walks to Pedro Alvarez and Chris Stewart in the fourth and an RBI single to Neil Walker in the fifth that made it a two-run game. Neise, however, made it through the sixth, Jeurys Familia followed with two perfect innings and Jenrry Mejia pitched a perfect ninth for his eighth save. "Jon went back out there and battled after that fourth inning, even though he didnt have good stuff," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Camppbell drove in the first run in a three-run first inning with a double off Cole (6-4).dddddddddddd Daniel Murphy capped the Mets scoring with a two-run single with two outs in the second. Cole, who leads the Pirates in victories, lasted just four innings. Activated from the DL earlier Saturday, he was tagged for five runs and seven hits. Cole had been out since June 4 with right shoulder fatigue. "I think it would have been a lot better if I were to have taken less focus off the hitters and put more on myself and not tried to do too much," Cole said. "I think I was a little too results oriented, trying to avoid this trying to do this, trying to do that." After Campbell hit his RBI double in the first, Lucas Duda scored on a wild pitch and Kirk Nieuwenhuis capped the inning by singling in a run. Niese lost the strike zone in fourth but was able to pitch out of a bases-loaded jam by striking out pinch-hitter Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. "That at-bat against Marte, I was just trying to get a strike," Niese said. "Once I got a strike, I was able to relax and get guys out." NOTES: RHP Brandon Cumpton was optioned by Pittsburgh to Triple-A Indianapolis to clear a roster spot for Cole. ... RHP Ernesto Frieri joined the Pirates a day after being acquired from the Los Angeles Angels in a trade for RHP Jason Grilli and pitched a perfect inning of relief. . Marte was unable to start for the fourth consecutive game because of a jammed middle finger and the pinch-hitting appearance was the first time he batted since being injured Tuesday. ... The Mets had Niese bat eighth and LF Eric Young Jr. hit ninth, marking the third time in the last seven games manager Terry Collins had the pitcher hit No. 8. ... The four-game series concludes Sunday with New York RHP Bartolo Colon (8-5, 3.67) attempting to win his seventh straight decision as he faces RHP Edinson Volquez (5-6, 4.35). Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '