Player:
Date of Birth:
Pronouns:
Height:
Plotter:
Characters:

85 Posts
85 Threads

LONDON -- Milos Raonic didnt seem that thrilled about reaching the third round of Wimbledon for the first time in his career. After all, the No. 8 seed is chasing far loftier goals. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., defeated American Jack Sock 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in Wimbledons second round on Thursday. And while this is the first time he has progressed this far at the All England Club, he wasnt about to gush over a third-round appearance. "It might sound a little bit harsh, but (I dont have) too much feeling for it," he said. "I want to do much better than I have to this point and than I have done today." Still, Raonic never looked in trouble against Sock. He had 13 aces, 39 winners and three breaks of serve in the match. "I found a rhythm. For me, the most important thing, especially on grass, is finding that rhythm on second serve return," said Raonic. "I found that quite early on, and I was able to stick through it. In both of first two sets I was able to get early breaks, which helps. I was clean off my service games. "At all of these majors, I want to play better than I have in the past, to fight, compete and try to play better each day." Raonic will face Polands Lukasz Kubot in the third round. Kubot advanced with a 6-7 (4), 7-6 (4), 6-3, 7-6 (3) win over Serbias Dusan Lajovic. Also Thursday, Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont., played through hip pain but lost 6-3, 6-3, 6-2 to Mikhail Kukushkin of Kazakhstan. Dancevic, who got into the main draw as a lucky loser, said that a good result from a scan on his lower pelvis Wednesday gave him the confidence to take to the court Thursday. "This is not a major issue so I decided to push through and play in some pain," he said. "I was struggling yesterday, it was a rough day." Dancevic, who was sporting a new mohawk haircut, has struggled with back issues before and didnt want to take any chances this time. "I didnt want to risk a lot an end up being out for the summer," he said. "Im on a pretty decent streak, I feel I can have a good summer and rest of the year." "I would have had to serve extremely well to win this match, I was struggling on ground stroke and I didnt feel 100 per cent," he added. "I think the issue is treated to bending on grass, this stiffness in lower pelvic region." Dancevic never gained a foothold against Kukushkin, failing to convert on any of his five break points. The Canadian managed seven aces and ended with 23 winners and 27 unforced errors. Kukushkin next faces second seed Rafael Nadal, who was a 4-6, 7-6 (8), 6-4, 6-4 winner over Lukas Rosol. Saucony Outlet Uk . The injury will keep the Finnish forward out of the Olympics. The 29-year-old has 20 goals and 41 points in 56 games this season, his first with Tampa Bay. Saucony Running Shoes Clearance Uk . This week, topics cover the World Series champion Red Sox, John Farrell and what to look forward to this off-season. http://www.cheapsauconyuk.com/. Its the games against the leagues struggling franchises that have proved to be an issue. Saucony Originals Sale Uk . -- Zach Johnson asked his short-iron approach on the par-4 18th to "Do something right, baby. Saucony Shoes Uk Online . Dr. James Andrews is to operate next week on the 24-year-old pitcher, who made the AL All-Star team last year. Moore will be the first Rays pitcher to undergo Tommy John surgery since Jason Isringhausen in June 2009.TORONTO -- The Canadian mens rugby team will play the U.S. on June 21 in Sacramento, Calif., as part of the IRB Pacific Nations Cup. Canadas other game in the tournament -- against Japan on June 7 at Swangard Stadium in Burnaby, B.C. -- had been previously announced. The contest against the U.S. Eagles will be played at the new Cal Expo Multi-Use Sports Field. Canada is currently ranked 15th in the world, while Japan is No. 13 and the Americans are No. 18. The other Pacific Nations Cup pool features No. 8 Samoa, No. 11 Fiji and No. 12 Tonga. Samoa will host Tonga on June 7 before Fiji entertains Tonga on June 14 and Fiji faces visiting Samoa on June 21. The U.S. will host Japan at the Stub Hub Center in Los Angeles on June 14 in the other Pool B game. The Pool A winner will be crowned the Pacific Island conference champion while Pool B will compete for the Asia/Pacific conference title. "The Pacific Nations Cup is an excellent opportunity for all participating teams to play some tough, competitive test matches with just over a year to go until Ruggby World Cup 2015," Mark Egan, the International Rugby Boards head of competitions and performance, said in a statement Wednesday.dddddddddddd Canada will also host No. 10 Scotland at Torontos BMO Field on June 14. Canadian coach Kieran Crowley plans a trials match in B.C. a week before the first game in June so he can review the Canadian-based and overseas talent at his disposal. Domestic-based players will take part in the Canadian Rugby Championship in the late summer with Crowley selecting the cream of the crop to represent Canada in the Americas Rugby Championship in the fall. The Canadians will also have three test matches in November. Canada has already qualified for the 2015 World Cup, which opens in September 2015 in England. The Canadians will play in Pool D with No. 5 Ireland, No. 7 France, No. 14 Italy and No. 17 Romania. Fiji and Canada both finished with 3-1-0 records at the Pacific Nations Cup in 2013 but the Pacific Islanders placed first by virtue of more bonus points. The 2013 event was a basic round-robin format. ' ' '