Player: BOOT
Date of Birth: April 10th, 1986
Pronouns: He
Height: 5'11"/180cm
Plotter: LINK
Characters:

40 Posts
3 Threads

The door to The Very British Pub kept opening to let people inside and out, many folks having recently gotten off from work and wanting some, well, relative peace and quiet. The pub couldn't have been called that quiet, what with having enough customers to create some hustle and bustle, but it certainly was a rather cozy little place to grab a drink at.

Or to eat breakfast – even if it was well past the usual breakfast time. Steele had been working the night – and it had ended up being quite the long night, what with the whole murder and all. Still, he wasn't green enough to not be able to sleep after that, taking his much deserved nap before hunger forced him to head out in the search for something to eat. Not one to cook himself, the cop had made his way to his usual place to grab a bite and chat with someone he knew…

But that was in the past now. His stomach full and heavy, Steele braved the outdoors once more, the darkening skies having brought with them a slight chill in the form of the wind that brushed his face and bare arms as he opened the door. Maybe it wasn't t-shirt weather anymore. Walking to the streets, the cop dug for his cell phone for a quick look at the time. Well past four already, huh…
Shiny!

Player: Featherstone
Date of Birth: 11th June 1989
Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'5
Characters:

64 Posts
4 Threads

Steele. The man with no name. Well, sure enough he had one; one she could have found out, had she cared. However... the man with no name!

She'd spent her previous hours having a few chats with a few chatty agents. Most of them, indeed, couldn't wait but talk about the first sort-of-exciting episode of their career.

Now, didn't it suck a bit? Being excited, herself, about a murder?

But, her job. Her job justified everything, as usual.

Anyway, Steele. He was the protagonist of his own story. Could he provide some additional, actual information? Maybe, maybe not. She had enough of those, however. She knew about the brutal murder, about the eccentric victim. The marsh - that was good title material in its own right.

What she needed, was a protagonist.

"Good afternoon! May I have a word with you?"

Notepad out: that looked in character.
Someone please finish what I started
I tried my best, but my best was half-hearted. - Will Butler
Just my lucky day

Image Credits:

Characters:

40 Posts
3 Threads

Steele was just wondering if he should head straight home or do something else with his free time now that he had it – after all, with the murder and all, he figured he wouldn't be having too much of that in the near future once the ball got rolling. He had already started walking despite not having any particular destination in mind, rather thinking about that while on the move and not just standing there like an idiot…

But he didn't get too far before a youthful voice of a woman called out, making the cop just glance over his shoulder before stopping for a moment to let her catch up. He saw the notepad in her hands first and foremost, before his gaze glanced upon her face. It was… Well, Steele usually didn't have that great of a name memory, but digging through the cobwebs in his mind did bring something up for the face. Wasn't she like… Some kind of a journalist? Hadn't she worked for some paper in the past? He could remember something like that.

The notepad certainly backed up that theory. But why was she approaching him? …It couldn't be that, could it? Already?

"Depends," came the gruff and short reply. She probably had a minute to catch his attention.
Shiny!

Characters:

64 Posts
4 Threads

She smiled. Not that Steele's demeanor was especially smile-inspiring. Actually, it was anything but that. It was a second nature, however, or maybe even her first one? How did you determine what was inborn, what was training, what was inclination and what a coping mechanism?

Later! Later! All thoughts for later! Or for never, most likely. All one's inner ramblings were destined to oblivion, despite one's best intentions.

She offered a handshake - switching the notebook to her left, just in time. "I'm Erika Laing, I'm a reporter". Sure, writing for one reputable newspaper, as opposite to selling the same trivia to anyone in sight, would have sounded better. More authoritative - assuming one wanted to sound authoritative. "Our readers would be most interested in your first-hand experience".
Just my lucky day

Image Credits:

Characters:

40 Posts
3 Threads

Steele glanced down at the offered hand, and then back to the woman's face. Right. Looked like he had remembered at least some parts right, when it came to her profession. He still seemed to be a little on the edge – but then again, maybe that was how he always looked like? The cop extended his hand for a quick, firm handshake.

"Steele. What experience are we talking about?" There was a slight hint of a tilt of his head. Really, Steele wished that he would rather be interviewed about his meal than what he suspected this all to be…
Shiny!

Characters:

64 Posts
4 Threads

What experience? "Well, as much as I'd like to talk about how much we both love the British Pub... I think readers would be more interested in the fact we might have a killer on the loose. Yes I'm talking about Elliot-Calthrope. What are your first hypotheses, from what you've seen on the crime scene?"

Also, a few more gruesome details? Although, she had her fair share of those from the photographer.

As a side note, she could've written something on local pubs, someday. A literary guide on how to get drunk stylishly when you lived in Nowhere, Essex County. Not a bad topic for a blog!
Just my lucky day

Image Credits:

Characters:

40 Posts
3 Threads

Steele's brow furrowed as his suspicions were proved true. Of course this was about the murder. But how? It had barely been half a day and the vultures had already smelled the stench? It wasn't like the corpse had been found in the middle of the street, either! Guess a big name got around fast, huh?
"The case is being investigated and the police have increased patrols for added safety. That is all," the cop gave him very brief answer that seemed more like some kind of a stock response to such questions. Hoping that it would be enough, Steele started to continue his journey back home.
Shiny!

Characters:

64 Posts
4 Threads

Just that? Well, it could do. Especially since she didn't not have just that. However, trying again was always worth.

"Rumors say the crime scene was horrendous, as if they were leaving a message, but for whom? Any suspicion of what sort of syndicate could be involved into such practices?"

Meanwhile, she studied the man. Unhelpful as he was, she had plans.
Just my lucky day

Image Credits:

Characters:

40 Posts
3 Threads

She didn't get the message, huh? Steele frowned, not even bothering to stop as he gave her a quick glance over his shoulder. Should he even reply? For a moment, it probably looked like he wasn't going to, his eyes snapping back to the streets ahead of his and his feet continuing their confident pace.
"Rumors like to make things sound like more than they are. Investigation is underway and can't be commented on."
Shiny!

Characters:

64 Posts
4 Threads

There was a thing called trying harder, and one called trying too hard.

"Gotcha. Well, thanks, good luck with your investigation, then!".

She bit her lip, before uttering You've been precious.

Sarcasm? Not really, he'd been useful in his own way. Except, she didn't really want to reveal she was picturing him like a campy cliche of a noir hero, all grumpiness and unloquaciousness.

How to sketch that in the short space of a local-news article nobody read? And what if someone could actually, you know, read that stuff? Murders are tragedies, but good thing came from tragedies at least.

(Although she hated herself a bit for thinking that again).

She hinted to a military salute, and headed her way.